Vinyl

upnadam

Vinyl

Postby upnadam » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Does anyone here collect JE or any other Martin projects on vinyl?

I have a modest amount thus far: Melody (that gorgeous red re-issue with the Melody book), Ministry of Archers, and the 7" from the Kickstarter for DMA. I have a few Starflyer records too, if we wanna talk Jason Martin as well.

I would pay an obscene amount of money for a Legacy Series Box Set to be pressed. All five records with the EP's as accompanying 10"s? Be still my heart. A boy can dream.
Rogue

Re: Vinyl

Postby Rogue » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:27 am

I would love to have Old Wives Tales on yellow vinyl!

I believe the vinyl releases are: Melody, WATMM, Robot Rock (white or black vinyl), TMOA, Workmanship, DMA 7".
Chess

Postby Chess » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:48 pm

Hey there upnadam,

In Michigan here, too! I am a big Joy E collector. For vinyl, I have WATMM, Robot Rock (Black), Ministry of Archers (Split), & Workmanship (Blue + White).

I would LOVE to be able to get my hands on a white Robot Rock, Archers test press & splatter, 7" from the Kickstarter, the Melody re-issue, & the Rainbow Rider - We'll Last So Long 7".
upnadam

Postby upnadam » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:24 am

Rogue wrote:I would love to have Old Wives Tales on yellow vinyl!

I believe the vinyl releases are: Melody, WATMM, Robot Rock (white or black vinyl), TMOA, Workmanship, DMA 7".

Oh goodness, that would be magic!

Would my best bet for acquiring some of those simply be eBay/discogs/etc?

Chess wrote:Hey there upnadam,

In Michigan here, too! I am a big Joy E collector. For vinyl, I have WATMM, Robot Rock (Black), Ministry of Archers (Split), & Workmanship (Blue + White).

I would LOVE to be able to get my hands on a white Robot Rock, Archers test press & splatter, 7" from the Kickstarter, the Melody re-issue, & the Rainbow Rider - We'll Last So Long 7".

Yay! A fellow Michigander! How did you come about WATMM, Robot Rock and Workmanship?

You should definitely try to get that Melody re-issue...it's really something special. The PQMQ store may still have some!
seedsower

Postby seedsower » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:29 pm

I own Robot Rock (white), The Bros. Martin, Ministry of Archers, and Workmanship.
dxtx

Postby dxtx » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:10 pm

I bought everything by Joy Electric that T&N had to offer in the summer of 2000 on CD. I also purchased Robot Rock and WATMM on vinyl, which I was not able to listen to for about six years before I got a turntable.

Since that time, I have collected on vinyl:
Ministry of Archers, Workmanship (I think I have two copies), and Melody. I feel like I missing something. :geek:
upnadam

Postby upnadam » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:22 pm

dxtx wrote:Workmanship (I think I have two copies)

If you do have two and you're looking to sell one, I'd 100% be interested.
Rogue

Postby Rogue » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:47 pm

upnadam wrote:Would my best bet for acquiring some of those simply be eBay/discogs/etc?

Probably, or, depending on where you live, you can check out used music and Christian book stores. You can even ask churches since they sometimes get music and keep it in a library. If you're near a larger city, the better chance you have as far as quantity of the second-hand market. But sometimes being in a po-dunky small town means finding stuff no one else is looking for. I don't think Rad Rockers is around anymore, but they used to have one-off rarities in their catalog and web store. I think that was where I found my CD of Songs & Stories.

Back in the late 90s, a friend and I quested after several "rare" CDs that we read about on sites like JTX's discographies. At the time, the Echoing Green's second album Aurora 7.2 on CD and third "album" Science Fiction were at the top of our list. (We ended up lucking out and got CD-R copies of SF from Joey B after talking to him after a show.) Anyways this friend and I were in Tampa at a larger Christian bookstore, and asked someone at the counter if they could find out if they had either of those CDs. The guy pulled out a small box of CDs from the counter, and there was a very nice, barely used copy of Aurora 7.2. We were floored!

A year or so later we found out that you could get Aurora 7.2 on CD from those mail order music clubs like Columbia House or whatever. But their version had a black CD tray, and the original was white, so we felt justified in our crazy efforts to acquire the original ;)

A few years later, I was visiting my dad in Tuscon, and wanted to check out some large Christian bookstore. As I'm walking through, they had this small section of used CDs, records, and misc. stuff. In that island I found the vinyl for JE's WATMM and Robot Rock, the VBM reissue of Rainbow Rider, and two original copies (2nd pressing) of the Echoing Green's Science Fiction! That store was like finding a gold mine.

So it's worth a check to any kind of used music or Christian bookstore. Granted my tales are from a different time compared to today. But look around your area and ask questions... you never know what you'll find!

Right now I'm still seeking out original CDs of The Birthday Massacre's early stuff (Imagica Demos 1 & 2, original Nothing and Nowhere, the Violet EP). I just found someone selling a sealed copy of N&N, but he's asking $500 for it! :|
upnadam

Postby upnadam » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:03 am

Ohhhhh yeah, those small used bookstores are gold mines. Now that I live in a bigger city, it's harder for me to claim the weird stuff before other collectors...but I come across some good stuff every once in a while. I need to just road trip to those smaller towns and raid their used CDs. haha
david

Postby david » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:13 pm

If anyone is looking Robot Rock on vinyl, there's one up on ebay right now. Not my auction (although interesting that it's also in Chicago)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joy-Electric-Ro ... SwWkJY8p82

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (121.69 KiB) Viewed 21557 times

Return to “Joy Electric/Said Fantasy”