Cascading Slopes

IanTheBlueMan

Cascading Slopes

Postby IanTheBlueMan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:53 am

Looked up these guys on a whim a while ago and I gotta say I like them. Walls of epic synth in the vein of JMJ or Vangelis meet JE's evocative song writing.
Here's their song "Wild Geese."
upnadam

Re: Cascading Slopes

Postby upnadam » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:29 pm

Ohhh yes. Cascading Slopes is great. Check out Sound of Ceres too!
Rogue

Postby Rogue » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:48 pm

I love Horns of Archenland and Ornaments of the World. Can't go wrong with Jake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgSNpCoPHnQ
upnadam

Postby upnadam » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Wasn't there a new full-length teased to come out this year?
nordic fox

Postby nordic fox » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:02 pm

Yeah, I believe so...

Hasn't been much news coming from PQMQ. I haven't seen anything regarding Cascading Slopes. I try checking Jacob's blog and/or facebook every once in awhile, but never see any news. But I feel like it was originally on the front page (last December) as being slated for some time in 2018. Bummer.

There was/is also the "In a Wooden Shoe" project on the front page that was supposed to be sometime this year...haven't seen any updates on that either. :(

Maybe 2019 will be the year?
upnadam

Postby upnadam » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:08 pm

I sure hope so. I'd be bummed if PQMQ ceased (again), especially when there's really nowhere else that focuses so much on giving a home to this specific niche of electronic music.
david

Postby david » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:39 pm

The next Cascading Slopes album is definitely coming out. I've heard some of the songs and they sound really great. Timing is just a bit unknown. To be honest, the dates are often more hopeful than anything. The last two or so years have been super busy for me, so it's hard to make a whole lot of time for Plastiq. Not complaining or anything, but with working full time, trying to help get my wife through school, trying to figure out how to raise our first kid, trying to fix up our 100+ year old house, there's just sometimes a little too much on my plate. It can be a little discouraging at times, but I know also that things won't always be like this. The Wooden Shoe project may or not ever happen. But yes to Cascading Slopes, and yes to some other stuff. We've got a few more releases in the works. They're just moving kind of slowly right now.
upnadam

Postby upnadam » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:28 pm

david wrote:The next Cascading Slopes album is definitely coming out. I've heard some of the songs and they sound really great. Timing is just a bit unknown. To be honest, the dates are often more hopeful than anything. The last two or so years have been super busy for me, so it's hard to make a whole lot of time for Plastiq. Not complaining or anything, but with working full time, trying to help get my wife through school, trying to figure out how to raise our first kid, trying to fix up our 100+ year old house, there's just sometimes a little too much on my plate. It can be a little discouraging at times, but I know also that things won't always be like this. The Wooden Shoe project may or not ever happen. But yes to Cascading Slopes, and yes to some other stuff. We've got a few more releases in the works. They're just moving kind of slowly right now.

Hey, life is life. Moving slowly is still progress and I'm overjoyed to hear it. I hope things get a little lighter and easier on your end!
Rogue

Postby Rogue » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:50 pm

Good to hear, thanks David!

Return to “Plastiq Musiq”