my life will never be complete...

arciphera

my life will never be complete...

Postby arciphera » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:46 pm

...until Ronnie releases the MoFo Tales tapes.
seedsower

Re: my life will never be complete...

Postby seedsower » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:11 pm

Looks like your life will be complete soon enough! Velvet Blue just announced the original Morella's Forest tracks will be released!
arciphera

Postby arciphera » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:06 am

I've gone ahead and pre-ordered my copy. and now I (continue to) wait...
Rogue

Postby Rogue » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:27 pm

I wish I had seen the notice sooner. I missed out on ordering the pink vinyl version.

https://velvetbluemusic.com/shop/morell ... 988-tales/

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER . . . Release date is 5/24

Morella’s Forest is one of the great lost bands, and their lone album Tales – (recorded in 1988) when brothers Ronnie and Jason Martin were just 18 and 16 – has been the ultimate lost album for over 30 years to the handful of people who even know it exists. The two brothers would go on to respectively form the cult bands Joy Electric and Starflyer 59. No track listing or audio has ever leaked out. Its long-overdue release in 2021 feels like nothing short of a miracle or transmission from another dimension. Velvet Blue Music is thrilled to have acquired the rights to this record, and to be putting it out into the world over 30 years later ! ! !

The record comes on classic black or pink vinyl, with a color insert, and a historical document sheet written by Andrew Horton. CD version is a beautiful 6 panel fold out.

And for anyone wondering, I found this in a FB post:

"This is the first record Jason and I recorded back in 1988. The label we were on folded before it was released, so it has been on the shelf since last year, when we were given the original tapes. Velvet Blue Music stepped up, and this will finally see the light of day in May.

To clear up any confusion: yes, there was another Morellas Forest that acquired our name and released some fine records in the 90’s/2000’s, but this has no connection to that band (though they are friends of ours!). This is the original Morellas Forest 1988.

Available now for pre-order on vinyl and CD at Velvet Blue Music."
nordic fox

Postby nordic fox » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:58 pm

arciphera

Postby arciphera » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:19 pm

nordic fox wrote:Also see: https://www.truetunes.com/morella88/

ha. John J Thompson thinks Beautiful Dazzling Music is Dance House Children's debut album. not to be nit-picky here, but pretty much only, oh I don't know, EVERY single person substantially familiar with Ronnie Martin's work knows that Beautiful Dazzling Music is actually the THIRD Dance House Children album. who could possibly forget Songs & Stories or Jesus? like, seriously, who?? to be fair, I'm sure a lot of people also think Thriller is Michael Jackson's debut album...and there's a word for getting that sort of entry-level info wrong - a word which should never be (as it is in this case) applicable to a journalist of Thompson's experience and caliber.

discographical errors notwithstanding, however, those articles and interviews are great reads. even I learned a thing or three - which is saying something, considering how much I know about Ronnie Martin's history as a music maker.

thanks for sharing, nordic fox.
nordic fox

Postby nordic fox » Fri May 07, 2021 1:54 pm

Neil Tennant

Postby Neil Tennant » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:00 pm

Oh, I missed this. I've missed nearly all of the last few releases, sold out before I could get to them!

Oh, well....

Return to “Joy Electric/Said Fantasy”