Found a whole page of JE rarities for download

IanTheBlueMan

Found a whole page of JE rarities for download

Postby IanTheBlueMan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:06 pm

I was looking for the original 1997 version of Electric Car when I stumbled upon this file directory on PQMQ's website!

There are some tracks I've never heard before, some demos, and other rarities I haven't heard in years.
seedsower

Re: Found a whole page of JE rarities for download

Postby seedsower » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:13 pm

Amazing!!!!!!!
Great find!
Rogue

Postby Rogue » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:19 pm

Nice find! I don't think I've ever heard those Ministry of Archers demos. I've always loved hearing demos of songs, especially when they're very different from the final version.
arciphera

Postby arciphera » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:38 am

an amazing/great/nice find indeed...but I am absolutely appalled by the sonic quality of Have I and Uphold Your Love, both of which sound like they were run through some cheap stereo-enhancing filter. I find it very hard to believe those two songs were actually released like that on the official Have I / Uphold Your Love vinyl. can we get confirmation from someone who has a copy of that vinyl as to whether or not it really sounds like that?
Last edited by arciphera on Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hokusman

Postby Hokusman » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:18 am

Really cool find, thanks for sharing. I haven't heard that demo for The Good Will Not Be Cloned in years. I always liked the demo better than the original version, but I get why he changed it, at least now in retrospect I feel like the demo probably sounded too similar to We Are Rock to put on the album in that form.

arciphera wrote:an amazing/great/nice find indeed...but I am absolutely appalled by the sonic quality of Have I and Uphold Your Love, both of which sound like they were run through some cheap stereo-enhancing filter. I find it very hard to believe those two songs were actually released like that on the official Have I / Uphold Your Love vinyl. can we get confirmation from someone who has a copy of that vinyl as to whether or not it really sounds like that?

I actually think it's neat to finally find digital copies of Uphold Your Love / Have I. I personally didn't care for the Dwarf Mountain Alphabet album in general, but the bonus songs are decent. It does sound like the audio was somewhat processed in the digital versions from this archive, really missing the low end. I'm not really an expert. I do own the 7" single, and I re-ripped them to my PC last year since I have better equipment now. The turntable I used is my Audio Techinca LP120, amplified thru a Sony audio receiver from the 90s that I don't have with me so I don't have the model number, recorded thru Audacity. Even on my tinny laptop speakers, my rips sound much more full than the versions posted here. Feel free to listen to the ones I ripped here: https://mega.nz/folder/8dxXkZoK#vuglEhf7D1xJxoKcRK4L0A
arciphera

Postby arciphera » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:33 pm

thank you for making your copies of those two songs available to us. I downloaded and listened to them, and instantly - in literally less than a second - I could tell by the way they sound that the copies on the archive page were indeed run through a cheap stereo-enhancing filter of some kind. it is unfortunate that whoever ripped those copies felt the need to adulterate them in such a manner, but the good news is now we know that sonic perversion is unique to those particular MP3s, rather than it being an inherent/irreversible characteristic of the official Have I / Uphold Your Love vinyl. so, confirmation obtained.
Rogue

Postby Rogue » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:32 am

Thank you for posting those, Hokusman!

Return to “Joy Electric/Said Fantasy”