New release coming, Ronnie Martin: 'Bells Merrily'

Rogue

New release coming, Ronnie Martin: 'Bells Merrily'

Postby Rogue » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:15 am

From the VBM mailing list:

"After releasing the stellar 'From The Womb Of The Morning' record, Mr. Martin is coming back with a Christmas album ! The record is being mixed by the fabulous Frank Lenz. The official release date will be announced soon. (and you know if will come with some bonus goodies)"

Wonder if it'll be new songs, or classics along the lines of "Magic of Christmas."
raybobindustries

Re: New release coming, Ronnie Martin: 'Bells Merrily'

Postby raybobindustries » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:07 pm

So excited!

In addition, “Clothed in Splendor: Compositions of Sound” is coming this fall as well!
source: http://www.ronniemartin.org

My guess is that it’ll be a short EP based from his sessions on "From the Womb of the Morning".

benjamin

Postby benjamin » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:24 pm

Thank you for posting this! I did not see this elsewhere!
Rogue

Postby Rogue » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:38 am

I hadn't checked on this much since posting, and missed the info about yet another release. (What's the best way to stay in the loop? Since email lists seem to have gone the way of the dinosaur.) Was there a CD version of this "Clothed With Splendor" EP? And thanks for the heads-up. Now I'll have to buy that release!
raybobindustries

Postby raybobindustries » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:51 pm

Rogue wrote:I hadn't checked on this much since posting, and missed the info about yet another release. (What's the best way to stay in the loop? Since email lists seem to have gone the way of the dinosaur.) Was there a CD version of this "Clothed With Splendor" EP? And thanks for the heads-up. Now I'll have to buy that release!

Happy to be of help!

At this point, I think the best way to stay in the loop is to follow Ronnie Martin's Facebook/Twitter accounts. He tends to reveal things there first. For example, he just recently said “I promise I won’t talk about it too much until the fall, but… I just finished recording a new Christmas album.” (for 2023)

“Clothed With Splendor” appears to be cassette-only release. But you can still purchase the tracks digitally from https://goodglassrecords.bandcamp.com/album/clothed-with-splendor.

Return to “Joy Electric/Said Fantasy”